Performance Tool W2976 Multilingual CAN OBDII Scan Tool OBD II Advanced Model Scanner (Check Engine Light/Diagnostics/Direct Read Out)
The Performance Tool W2976 Multilingual Diagnostic Scanner is specially designed to work with all OBD II compliant vehicles, including those equipped with the next-generation protocol-Control Area Network (CAN). It is required by EPA that All 1996 and newer vehicles (cars and light trucks) sold in the United States must be OBD II compliant and this
The Performance Tool W2976 Multilingual Diagnostic Scanner is specially designed to work with all OBD II compliant vehicles, including those equipped with the next-generation protocol-Control Area Network (CAN). It is required by EPA that All 1996 and newer vehicles (cars and light trucks) sold in the United States must be OBD II compliant and this includes all Domestic, Asian and European vehicles. For your vehicle to be OBD II compliant it must have a 16-pin DLC (Data Link Connector) under the dash and the Vehicle Emission Control Information Label. The W2976 Scanner works with the following protocols: Can, VPW, PWM, ISO and KWP 2000. Reads and clears generic and manufacture specific diagnostic trouble codes (DTC) and turn off check engine lights. The scanner supports multiple trouble codes requests, including: generic codes, pending codes and manufacturer’s specific codes. It can scan the vehicles emission readiness status of OBD II monitors, and retrieve the vehicles VIN (vehicle identification number) on 2002 and newer Mode 9 vehicles. The W2976 scan tool will determine the malfunction indictor lamp (MIL) status, also known as a check engine light, is a tell-tale to indicate malfunction of a computerized engine-management system. It is found on the instrument panel of most automobiles. The Performance Tool W2976 Multilingual Diagnostic Scanner is highly reliable, accurate and features an easy-to-read crystal-clear backlit 2 LCD display. This is a stand-alone scan tool with no need to use a laptop computer to read or receive the DTC’s. the compact size makes it easy to use and store in the glovebox of a personal vehicle or any tool box in the professional setting. No batteries are needed to use this tool as the power is provided via detachable OBD II cable. Safely and accurately communicate with the vehicles on-board computer to without having to take the vehicle in to the dealership.
- Supports five languages including; English, Spanish, German, French, and Dutch & Works with MOST 1996 and later include American, European and Asian cars.
- Reads and displays your (DTC) Diagnostic Trouble Codes on an easy to read screen along with the vehicles emission readiness status of OBD Monitors
- Supports all OBD2 protocols including the newer (CAN) Controller Area Network.
- Stand-alone unit with no need for additional laptop computer to operate. No Batteries needed.
- Turns off check engine light (MIL), Erases (DTC) trouble codes and resets the OBD2 system.
- Retrieves VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) on 2002 and newer vehicles that support Mode 9